Saturday 12 December 2009

Words fail me [sometimes!]

I've had the following two layouts languishing partially complete on my floor for over a week now and thought it was about time I finished them and shared them ... but I haven't quite got there yet. For one reason or another I simply couldn't think of appropriate journaling for them, which would be fine if I hadn't already stuck lots of journaling blocks down on them first!

I used the 'Resolutions' kit, the latest Quirky Kit from Crafty Templates to make this layout of my Mr.

From the 'Resolutions' kit I used: the KI Memories heart lace cardstock, the vintage book page, the Shabby Chic journaling block and the 'Seven' tag. I combined it with a sheet of the amazingly cute Onirie 'Projet Toto' 12X12 paper which I won in last month's crop raffle. Thank you 3DJean!

I'm never usually great at adding numbers to my pages [one of the reasons I delayed finishing the page] but, when presented with the 'seven' tag I thought it would be appropriate to use it to mark how many years we've been together.

Like the photo above, the photo below was taken by a photographer friend of our ours who was experimenting with a new camera in the summer. [You can see more of Carl Mole's work on his photoblog and here on Flickr].
Again I've used 'Projet Toto' backing paper with elements from my kit along with a quotation from Buddha. Perhaps it was the addition of this quote which rendered me speechless / journalling-less. What can I really add to that? All reasonable suggestions for what I should fill my empty journalling blocks with will be considered!

That's all I wanted to share really, except that today I have:

  • some glorious new shoes;
  • a £6.99 shopping trolley bargain - crafting-on-wheels here I come .....and
  • a new Banana Frog 'Project of the Day' to share here.

Tomorrow I'll have:

  • Tapas for lunch;
  • my Christmas cards started & finished [I hope!] and
  • a Gauche Alchemy blog project to share.

Soon then.

J x


2 comments:

  1. Great pages, will we get to see the crafting wheels at the next crop?
    ps I've left something on my blog for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seven years I might have believed, but then I spotted the added 'teen'. Really? You SO don't look old enough to have been with someone for seventeen years! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.