Thursday 27 May 2010

Overheard: Scouting for girls

Here's a snippet which, if I hadn't heard it with my own ears [in the Student Union Café 27.01.09] I may have doubted its authenticity. But I promise you that this is what was said.

From what I could gather the student speaking was telling her friends about something she'd had to do in a previous job:

Female student: We had to phone her parents and say “We don’t think anything happened, but we just wanted to inform you we found your daughter in a tent …with a Scout”...


It's at times like these when I am sorely tempted to go up to the people I've been listening-in to and ask for more details!

Illustration: fineliner, ProMarkers + juvenile double-entendre.

4 comments:

  1. You hear the funniest things, I have left a little award for you on my blog :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are they selling juvenile double-entendres at your local craft shop now? Please stock up x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Claire - I'll answer those questions sometime next week - you're very kind :)

    Clair: yes the juvenile double entendre were on offer 3 for 2 ... would you like me to give you one .... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I must get my promarkers out... and look at them blankly. I just don't have the drawing talent. Thank goodness for stamps :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.