Thursday 29 July 2010

Overheard: Swarm!

Hi. How're you? Been anywhere where there's the possibility of overhearing something interesting?

One of the major problems I have during the summer break away from working on campus is the lack of eavesdropping opprtunities! As I spend the majority of the day on my own, any conversations happening in the house would have to involve me talking to myself ... and if it ever comes to that, then I think I'll have a bigger problem on my hands than a lack of overhearing opportunites!

So, here's one I heard, pondered over and noted down earlier.

01.04.09 Lecture theatre, prior to start of lecture:

Male student to friend: Pete was laying on the floor and he was all like “Oh, there’s a swarm.”
I don't know about you, but I'm thinking maybe the swarm in question was on TV or in a computer game??

Because if not, Pete sure was taking the whole swarm thing in it all in his stride wasn't he?

Sometimes I think that being in a position to gather material like this is one of my favourite parts of the job. They should add 'excellent eavesdropping opportunities' onto the advertisements for prospective applicants. Perhaps I'll suggest it to Personnel...

J ;)

1 comment:

  1. i love eavesdropping too- usually mine is done at starbucks. noting great lately that i can think of tho...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.