Tuesday 19 October 2010

Paper roses.


Hello, hello.

This might be heresy to admit [within the papercrafting world that is .. not in the wider world ...] but I'll take a chance .... paper flowers don't usually do much for me. I'm not saying I never use them or that I dislike them ... just that they're not really my thing.

But, before I'm stricken off the papercrafting register, I would like to say that these beauties are definitely changing my mind:

3DJean.co.uk has just started stocking these mulberry paper roses and others [see here for the current range]and I snapped them up the moment I saw them at the crop a few weeks ago and used one on a tag which I turned into a card for my Mam's birthday:
I also made a little video type-thing to show you, step-by-step how I built up the layers on the tag:


Next week, when it's my turn to post on Scattered Scarlet [the 3DJean Design Team blog], I'll share a few more of the tags I made featuring the roses and some vintage cigarette cards.

Until then, drop by my rose-themed guest post over at the 'Amelie's House' blog party where I've been sharing some of my rosy ornaments and jewellery.

My photographs in the post have been inspired by the amazing iced cakes with hand-painted flowers which Natasha [of Nevie-Pie Cakes] creates.... you will want to see her cakes, I promise you! They're so very pretty.

Right then, I'll let you go and ogle roses and cakes.

I've got posts about a plastic angel and going shopping at home to write and a meal with friends to get get ready for ... so I'll see you very soon.

Julie :)

6 comments:

  1. They're very pretty, and so is that blue patterned paper you have used as a background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sian. :-)

    The paper is by Magnolia Ink - it's called 'Somebunny Loves you - Turquise Rose'.

    Magnolia Ink have some really nice paers at the moment ... including a zebra print one ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I think this is gorgeous ... so very very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think you have worked magic here - I'm with you on the paper flower thing most of the time..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful soft colours, and wonderfully layered. Thank-you for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful, elegant card I bet your Mam was over the moon when she opened the envelope. Just been catching up on your blog and that Pink Palace, amazing, wouldn't it have been fun to have a go on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.