Friday 27 April 2012

Scrapbooking: Never Too Old

Hello, hello.

As promised, I'm back today with:
  • Another page to demonstrate the papers which 3DJean is currently giving away here [Go! Enter! You only need to leave your name to win! Paper! Run!]
  • And another take on this page sketch I shared yesterday:
This time round I've shifted the photo down and across and rearranged the extra embellishment/title areas:
[Firstly - a small confession - the paper I used as the background for this page is not part of the giveaway ... mainly because I used 2 sheets of it before we decided to give a set away! So, unless any of the DT have a spare sheet ... this design is not in the set.]

Apart from the patterned papers, the additional layers on this page are made from a mix of ephemera:
  • the photo is matted on to a Bingo game sheet;
  • the patterned vellum came from a brochure
  • he upside-down numbers [top left] are from the edge of a vintage map;
The repetition of numbers across all the elements was to subtly reflect the wording on the page ... about never being too old to roll up your trousers and go for an impromptu splodge in the water with your mother!

To emphasise and define all the layering, numbers included, I used my usual method of raising each piece using 3D foam:
In yesterday's scrapbooking post I mentioned how I'd repeated a shade of soft green across the page for balance, and I've done the same thing here, only this time with the 'swimming-pool-blue' shade.

Obviously the colour was taken from ... you guessed it ... the swimming pool in the photo ... then I introduced the matching shade from the Bingo sheet.

Next I wiped blue acrylic paint through some mesh tape [which you cna find in several Blank Looks packs here]:
And finally, I stapled down some turquoise faux-suede cord and co-ordinating bunting:
Here's the whole thing again, so you can see how it all balanced out in the end:

-------------------------------------------

Don't forget to throw your name into the hat - over here on the 3DJean blog - to be in with a chance of winning the papers.

And feel free to use the sketch in your own projects too.

I've still got another page and 2 cards to share using this set of papers so I'll be back with those in the coming week. But before then:
  •  I've got my Month in Numbers post coming on Monday - I forgot to remind you about it this month ... so I hope some of you are still planning to play along!
  • And I feel an 'Overheard' post coming on ...
Have a great Friday and weekend ahead.

Julie :-)

10 comments:

  1. Love this page and it's interesting to read your creative process. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great page, and I love looking at how you've done the sketch and your notes on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page and, gosh, you look like your Mam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a beautiful layout - love the sketch so i'm going to try and have a go when i get some time. Thanks for the link too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a beautiful layout - love the sketch so i'm going to try and have a go when i get some time. Thanks for the link too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely page! Love all the layering.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really interesting to see another 'take' on it, Julie. I love the upside down leaf on its own little piece - looks as if it has escaped from the background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this page - there's a little less layering on it than your usual layouts and the 'simplicity' is really appealing x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another stunning page, Julie. Your sketch really caught my eye and you can see what I did with it here: http://suburbansahm.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/julies-sketch.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did get around to using your sketch Julie so thank you. Another completed page for the album :) x

    http://www.scrapbook-me.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/so-brave.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.